There has been a lot of attention in the media recently about patients getting infections from ERCP scopes in California. This is very frightening for everyone and adds undue stress for patients. These types of scopes are not used at our ASC.
- Our center is licensed by the New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services. We have successfully passed all inspections since our opening in 2002.
- We have also been inspected and accredited by AAAHC (Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care)
- We have an infection prevention committee which meets quarterly to review our plans for preventing infection.
- We have staff members who have additional training in infection prevention, and have direct responsibility in monitoring our day to day procedures. In addition, our staff receives infection prevention training on an on-going basis.
- We have an infection prevention consultant who is certified by national association to oversee our infection prevention program and who visits our center quarterly.
- All of our policies and procedures for patient care are reviewed on an annual basis and are based on nationally recognized standards of care such as the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, OSHA (Occupational Safety &Health Administration), SGNA (Society for Gastroenterology Nurses and Associates) and many others. This is to insure that everything we do is based on scientific knowledge and will provide you the very best outcome.
If you have any concerns about your safety or risk of infection please feel free to speak with any member of our staff about your concerns.